My Three Girls

My Three Girls
Alaina, Melissa and Tamara

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sunflowers!!




SUNFLOWERS!!!!!!!



Our Showdown for today is Sunflowers as you can see from above. When I think of sunflowers I think of beauty, vibrancy, power and action. I don't know if all of those descriptive words make sense to you - but they speak to me. . Sunflowers are living and active - just as God's word is living and active in our lives. After all, God "SPOKE" the world into existence . I was saying in the previous blog about when we raise our hands that our Father knows our unique fingerprints. But the other day I heard for the first time that we also each have a unique sound to our voice that only we can make. Wow!!! So when I praise or pray or moan and groan to my Father, He hears my individual sound. But here is a step further in this thought. Did you know that when you look up the word Wilderness in Strongs Concordance that the secondary meaning for it is mouth or sound??? I didn't know it either. I mean why would you think that a wilderness would have anything to do with your voice?? I am going to digress a tiny bit to bring it back around to where I need to go ~ so please bear with me. {Or is that bare with me??} When Jesus went to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray and He told Peter, James and John to wait there for Him while He prayed. See He knew that it was for Him to speak the Fathers will into His life. "Not my will, but thou will be done." When we have problems we tend to run to our friends and say, "pray for me" and then we might pray for ourselves. But Jesus knew because God spoke His future to Him and then He had to speak it out. Don't you know that your stuff only responds to YOUR voice. God speaks it to us and we speak it out.

Back to the Wilderness. I am sure you know that when Moses took the Israelites into the desert and they took their trip, it should have taken about ten days instead of 40 years. Also that only Joshua and Caleb made it into the Promised Land out of all of those people!! And here is the point ................

WHAT YOU SPEAK IN YOUR WILDERNESS DETERMINES YOUR FUTURE!!!

Do you suppose that if the Israelites had not moaned and groaned and complained, do you suppose that they would have flown through on that trip? It is how you make the journey that has an everlasting impact. Wilderness = mouth, sound.....

My friends, Speak to your mountain!!!

How did sunflowers get me here?? When I said beauty, vibrancy, power and action ~ those are all living words, but see we have the Living Word in our lives. We are SON - FLOW -ERS !! Because the Son flows through us if we have invited Him to make that difference in our lives, our hearts, in our deepest most being.

No comments: