My Three Girls

My Three Girls
Alaina, Melissa and Tamara

Monday, May 5, 2008

AAHHHHH ......... Carole is checking in........





I know ....... I know.......... ANOTHER picture of Mackenzie!!! LOL. But this one goes with a thought!!! When I was sitting at Bible study the other evening I found myself looking at my Moms hands and from there my mind wandered to little Mackenzie's hands and then to God. I had meant to get a new photo of her hands when she was home and didn't. That is one of the things that I didn't do when my girls were little was to just get a photo of those little chubby hands and feet. I did get her feet months and months ago, as well as her hands. The hands were with Rick and Tamara's hands for a photo contest. A generation of hands. Then I found a photo which I had totally forgotten of my Mother and Mackenzie's hands which totally tie in with my thoughts. But I digress. Tamara sent me the attached photo of Mackenzie with a comment about her little baby fat rolls and it made me think of that moment at Bible study. I found myself thinking of all of the joy that I receive in her little bitty hands. When they reach to me for a hug or a kiss. As they stuff the banana that she so loves into her mouth. As quickly and as much as possible!! As she makes her funny little buzzing noise as she plays busily with whatever her little hands can reach. When she holds to the edge of the bathtub as she lifts her little chubby leg trying to climb in. Watching her little chubby fingers as they fly over the buttons on her Grandfathers computer keyboard, or plays with a phone or remote control (whenever she can get one). When she came this time and was not well, she would just curl up against my shoulder with her little chubby hands lying still by her sides as she sought the relieve and comfort that she needed. Or one of her newest things of flinging her arm out as she points towards whatever she is wanting. Her little chubby hands are never still. She makes me laugh and smile so as I watch her, as she makes discoveries in her world, meeting new challenges head on. Always curious, constantly moving, until she has finally exhausted herself and falls asleep. Then her little chubby hands lay still and trusting.

I found myself pretty emotional as I thought about her little hands and I wondered, "Do our hands bring such joy and smiles to our Father in Heaven?" As we go through our days taking care of our loved ones in the many things that we do. Cooking, cleaning, braiding a loved ones hair, cutting grass, wiping a runny nose, feeding an older Loved one who no longer has the ability to feed themselves, working at whatever our job is, etc. Then how about when we are turning the pages of the Lords Word, making notes, looking up words for it's Hebraic/Greek meaning, highlighting something which the Holy Spirit has just used to bring enlightenment. Sharing His Word with another, as I make a point with my hands which I seem to speak with (HA). Or when I grab the hands of a friend as I lift them up before My Father in prayer. Or as I come before Him asking for Him to move in a situation, again my hands have a habit of talking along with me (LOL). Does it excite Him as I make new discoveries like Mackenzie excites me as she makes new discoveries?? Or when I lift my hands in Praise. Praise of how MARVELOUS my Father is. How Awesome and Amazing. Expressing a love to Him that bursts from the very center of my being. I have a friend who always teaches that when we raise our hands to the Lord that He sees each of our individual fingerprints and says "Ahh, Carole is checking in." I may be an adult, but to Him ............. I am still a little child.





1 Timothy 2:8A ~~ Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands..........

No comments: