My Three Girls

My Three Girls
Alaina, Melissa and Tamara

Friday, May 16, 2008

Hello My Friends and a prayer request



Hello My Friends,
Today I would like to request your prayers for my Grandmother, Catherine. She is back in the hospital again for the third time in about a 5 week period. They say that she has an infection in her kidneys which has gone to her blood stream and into her heart. I hope I have explained that properly. Two times ago when she went in they decided she had ecoli, which they say they believe is what is now creating further problems. My father has denied a feeding tube as it is not what she wants. My Dad said he thought he had lost her when they took her in. But they were able to level her back out. We cannot pray against her will, so what I ask your prayers on is that she is able to accomplish anything left undone and then can just go peacefully. That all family members would just release her. Because we can in our hurt make them feel like they have to stay with us. She is in the early stages of Alzheimer's and has said that she would rather just go on home to the Father then to slowly fade away in her mind. She is 87 and has had a full life. For peace for those of us left without her.
On an uplifting note, Joshua graduated from his Airborne class today. I think that is the name of it. He has officially learned to jump with a parachute. He has done it for years with a different (rectangular) shoot, but I guess in this class it is with the traditional shoot. Tamara was able to go and film and take pictures on Wednesday as he jumped out of the plane. This morning was his graduation. Tamara had called wanting family there for this big moment in his life. We were thinking of going. However with this turn of events, I felt like I should stay in town in support of my parents with my Grandmother. They will tire themselves out and then will be exhausted when they need to make the after death decisions(if it comes to that. They thought so last time and she pulled through). My Dad is still exhausted from the sitting up overnight with her at the hospital from before. But that is something that I can easily do, freeing him up to rest.
At the last moment Josh's parents were able to go. So Tamara had a friend who was going to let them stay with her last night so that they would be a complete surprise this morning!!! Tamara was gonna drop Joshua off and then go and pick up Cathy and Steve. Tamara was supposed to pin Joshua's wings on him, but she has set it up for Steve to take her place as that will mean a lot to Joshua. She has been so excited about this. I know she was picking up balloons yesterday and has a friend making a cake for her. It will be in the shape of one of the 2 possible planes Joshua could be jumping out of. She will have his name and rank across the wings. I will post some photos when I get some. I posted the above photo of them since this is their exciting day. That was quite a few months ago, because this last visit I only seem to have individual photos and not a family shot!!!
It is beautiful here today. The pool is balanced in chemicals and almost there is clarity. This morning we had to save a turtles life. It was a little tiny one, a little bigger than a 50 cent piece. It was floating along the side, so we lifted it out. I wish I had had my camera out there with me, but alas I did not. So far, no snakes this year - which is good.
Well I had better get going. I want to pop by the hospital and see my Grandmother before I go to work. I hope that each of you have a brilliant and blessed day in the Lord.

Update: My Dad just called and they are moving my Grandmother to Hospice care. The photo attached is her at Thanksgiving.

No comments: