My Three Girls

My Three Girls
Alaina, Melissa and Tamara

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Slightly Late, but no less thankful!!!

Hello. I was determined to get my Thankful Post done on time today - but life happens and I am late - but still as determined to post. LOL

1) Thankful for my girls!!!I It is at times like today that I am reminded. I was woken up about 4:30 this morning with Melissa calling for me to take her to the ER with another one of her migraines. It was about the worst one yet. She was throwing up for about an 1 1/2 hours straight. Finally after she received anti nausea meds twice her stomach settled down. We spent a good 6 hours or so at the ER - but it was also a time of great conversation, great prayer time together and affirmation of the great gift the Lord gave me in this special child. When I took her home Tamara and Mackenzie took over her care. So nice to know I left her in good hands. Actually as I left Mackenzie was on her way upstairs to go and pray for Aunt Melissa!! I had reminded her recently of how when I was so very sick a while back and how much better I felt when she climbed up next to me on the bed, laid on hands and prayed for me - so she decided she would make Melissa feel better too! Then I got home to my sweet Alaina. She has been helping me with projects around the house. We painted my front room yesterday and my mantlepiece today. We have been enjoying our time together. After being away at college for 3 years - this time is special. It will change soon as she gets a job and moves away again - but life is good!!

2) So very thankful for the young man who got Melissa in so quickly this morning. When all of the rooms were full - he took the initiative of finding a dark space for Melissa away from the waiting room. Her head was hurting so bad that she could not see. I had to lead her around everywhere. Then with the throwing up - it would have been awful to sit in the waiting room. He got an iv going and anti nausea meds into her ASAP. He really was so very helpful and it was appreciated.

3) So thankful for Joy!! No matter what happens I always have that joy that comes from God.

4) Thankful for my Ricky. When God put that man in my life He truly blessed me beyond belief!! Even on his days he annoys me so much - I would never trade him! I love him and I know that he loves me.

5) I am thankful for my Father God!! I never know what to expect each day - but I do know whatever it is will be okay. God is in control of all things - so i don't have to be. I daily put my trust and confidence in Him.

6) Thankful for my time at the gym and especially my time in the sauna!! I am really enjoying my workouts and for Ricky working out with me! I end each workout session in the sauna. Added bonus is that I have come to find out that it is a great place to meet people and to share. I have had great conversations there about my God, about the cleanse I was just on and about Mary Kay!!! I met one lady in particular about 2 weeks ago that I really connected with. She is at about the same place in her life as I am. God has been teaching her too the whole body thing. To love herself inside and out. When I shared some of the things God has been doing she got so excited. We have talked a couple of times since then and it has been a true blessing.

7) So very thankful for the 30 LBS lost on the pre - cleanse and the cleanse!! We have been off of the cleanse for about 2 weeks now so it is all about our/my choices. We mostly stay to the pre - cleanse plan, but feel no guilt if we slightly veer.

8) Thankful for my pool!! It is so nice to go out and have a dip in it. Or to come straight from the gym and sauna - into the pool and then the showers. Also thankful for the laughter and the relaxation I receive from my time in the pool.

9) Thankful that as I am on this last 6 months to my 50th birthday - a day that is well known to be that hump year of our lives that I have become more and more of a child - in Him.

10) So very, very thankful for the freedom He has brought into my life!!!

Where the Spirit of the Lord is
There is freedom
Where the Spirit of the Lord is
There is freedom

There is peace, there is love
There is joy (there is joy)

It is for freedom He's set us free
It is for freedom He's set us free

I'm free! (I'm free! I'm free!)
I'm free! (I'm free! I'm free!)
I'm free! (I'm free! I'm free!)
I'm free

We will walk in Your freedom, walk in Your liberty
We will walk, Lord
We will walk in Your freedom, walk in Your liberty
We will dance in Your freedom, dance in Your liberty
We will dance, Lord
We will dance in Your freedom, dance in Your liberty
We will jump in Your freedom, jump in Your liberty
We will jump, Lord
We will jump in Your freedom, jump in Your liberty

Where the Spirit of the Lord is
(Spoken): THERE IS FREEDOM!!
Where the Spirit of the Lord is
(Spoken): THERE IS FREEDOM!

(Repeat All)

For the first time in my life I know I do walk in the freedom that He has given me. I can dance, I can jump , I can sing, I can speak as well as walk in His freedom. He makes my soul sing!

11) Last - but not least. I am so thankful for you!! Each of my online friends. I love our times together. Hopefully one of these days I will actually meet you face to face - but if I never do it is okay. You are so important and appreciated. I won't embarrass ya'll by pointing out the things I appreciate in each of you but some of those things are ---- steadfastness, laughter, joy, love, hope, honesty, wisdom, truthfulness,encouraging, consistency and Fellow Believers. We appreciate each other for who we are - without judging. Ya'll not only challenge me to grow, but allow me the space to do so. Some of us have been together for 8 to 10 years without actually meeting face to face. I was so blessed when I met you!!!

No comments: