My Three Girls

My Three Girls
Alaina, Melissa and Tamara

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Awesome Day!!!

Today was a fabulous day!! We had church over at one of our members homes so that we could have Baptisms in his pool. We have had so much rain lately - but NOT today!!! It was perfect. Sunny with a cool breeze. I sat up under a nice shade tree for most of the service with Mackenzie on her towel at my feet. We started out with 7 people getting baptized and ended up with 11!! Quite a few of our children were baptized. Three sisters and a brother and sister, which is such a blessing to see. Actually the brother and sister are the grandchildren of my Pastor - which was special. Five of the children had their parents baptize them, which makes it extra special. It was opened up to others who might want to be baptized and guess who did???
YEP!!
ME!!
I got re-baptized!! I have been thinking about it off and on lately - but had no intention of doing it today. However as Pastor Chuck spoke I just felt like I should. The Lord has done so much in me over this past 2 to 3 years and I know that my relationship with Him is better then it has ever been!! I know that when I say "Jesus is Lord of my Life" that it absolutely is true - no doubts. I don't know anymore of where I am going in my walk with Him than I ever have - but it makes no difference. I know that my trust and confidence is in Him and it doesn't really matter where the journey is to as long as I am ON the journey!! I no longer sit on the sidelines of my life - waiting for it to start again. I am in the race and it is wonderful!! I had the fleeting thought of waiting until another time because I would have liked to have had my family there (Mackenzie was the only one there). But it is about obedience. Which was more important? To wait for family to be there or to obey? So I got in the water because what was happening was between my Father and Me and it really made little difference whoever else was there. Thank You Jehovah Mekaddishkem - The God who Sanctifies. Thank You Lord that in Your eyes I am Holy and Righteous through Your Son Jesus. Thank You that You never let go and never gave up. Where YOU lead me - I will follow.
http://youtu.be/gd5H_tvaD0w Hopefully this link will work. It is to Mercy Me's Where You lead me - I will follow.


1 comment:

Abbie Byers said...

That was so awesome Carole. I took the girls to the potty and came back and you where in the pool. I am so glad you were obedient. It grows my faith to watch you and other be obedient.